Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Starting Strong with Humor








Today in writing, I challenged the kids to be funny. The objective of the lesson was to practice writing the first line of an essay and using humor to grab the reader's attention. The kids found it hard to be as funny as me (ha, ha) but in the end they came up with some pretty humorous lines.


Here are some that had me rolling!

Topic: Why kids aren't allowed to vote

"If kids could vote, Harry Potter would be going up against Mario and Luigi." -Matt


"If kids were allowed to vote, then pigs would fly, the school bus would have Mrs. Frizzle on it and Barney would be the school mascot." -Ryan


"If kids were allowed to vote, Tickle Me Elmo would be president." -Logan


Topic: Being an only child


"Sometimes being an only child is very lucky. My friend has a little sister and I don't want to tell you how he turned out." -Blake


"Being an only child must stink. You don't have a brother to beat up." -Seth


"The bad thing is you couldn't blame any other siblings on homework you didn't do." -Matt


Topic: A day in the life of a lifeguard

"Nothin' to do unitl you hear HELLLLP!!" -Matt
"If I was a lifeguard for a day everyone would drown because I'd be too busy not paying attention." -Jackson

3 comments:

  1. how come the plant stuff isnt on here? i liked the part on the magic school bus episode where mrs. frizzle said "get ready for a totallyyyyyyy tubular experience,okayy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Jackson's the most! And yours to mat!

    ReplyDelete