Sunday, January 27, 2013

Laptop Assignment: Monday 28 January

Today's assignment will require headphones, listening/writing skills, and the ability to follow directions!

Objective:  Watch three short videos about the three ancient civilizations we will be learning about in our next Social Studies unit.  Think about the similarities among them and what makes them different.

Step 1:  Go to BrainPop and log in.
Step 2:  Search for the movie "Aztec Civilization"and watch it.  After watching that movie, search for "Maya Civilization" and "Inca Civilization" and do the same.
Step 3:  You might be tempted to answer the quiz questions---which is great---but you will probably run out of time.
Step 4:  Think about the following questions and then use the comment section at the bottom of this post to write your thoughtful answers.

Describe the part of the world that these civilizations occurred. What is the difference between the three civilizations?  If you could be an Aztec, a Maya, or an Inca, which would you prefer? Why?

16 comments:

  1. They occurred in North, Central, and South America. The differences are they occurred at different times, they worship different gods, and have different governments. I would be an Inca because they were more prosperous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These civilizations occurred in what is Mexico today and it is hot and down near the equator. These people (Aztecs, Incas, and Mayans) are different by there culture and how they where ruled.I would be an Aztec because of there many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the three main differences are the years the started in. they were around mexico. I would be an aztec because they had the best way of living.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The part of the world which these civilations occured are what is now known as Mexico. The differnce between these three civilizations is they all had a different way of going about life. I would be an Incan because the seemed to be the most advanced and well prepared society. In my opinion they were also less violent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Mayas lived in Yukatan, Mexico, Aztecs in Mesoamerica, Mexico, and Incas along the Andes in South America.
    They all worshipped many gods, but only the Aztecs made human sacrifices to them. The Aztecs and Incas had a ruling authority and spoke the same language, but the Mayas did not. The Mayas had many ruling families and spoke different languages.
    I would prefer to be a Maya because they seem a lot more calm and safe than the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. South America was the place where the civilizations occurred. The difference between the three civilizations was that each of them had their own ways. I would be a Maya because they sounded the safest to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The differences are that Aztecs and Incas have city states and the Mayas don't have city states they have tribes but they could write and read. I would be a Inca because they never go hungry and go to school but the downfall would the spanish would come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These civilizations occurred in South America and Mexico. The difference in the civilizations is in their beliefs, craftsmanship, location, time, how they were defeated, and their words, spoken and writen. I would prefer to be an Inca because if I was born into a higher class family, I could still go to school and the houses would be well made. They also had a lot of land.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Inca civilization was located as far north as Peru and as far south as Chile in South America. The Maya Civilization was located in parts of Mexico, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador,and Guatamala. The Aztec Civilization was located in Mexico. If I could be one of those three, I would chose to be an Aztec because they are talented in many things and they formed an alliance, which is more peaceful than fighting for power.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These civilizations occurred in Central America [Yutcatan peninsula.][Mexico,
    Belize,Guatemala, El Savador,and Western Honduras.]

    The difference between the three civilizations are the Mayas came about 1,000 years before the Aztecs. Mayas slowly got taken out of power. Mayas had a complete system of writing and were not part of a centrally controlled government unlike the Aztecs. Incas spoke a different language and had the largest government.

    I would prefer to be a Maya so I could write and read hieroglyphics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aztec: The Aztec Civilization was in Mesoamerica.

    Maya: The Maya Civilization was in Yucatan peninsula

    Inca: The Inca Civilization was in South America, the Andes mountain

    I would like to be a Mayan because the Mayans had an interesting way of writing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the videos! My favorite video was Aztec Civilization.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The three main difference between the Mayas Aztecs and Incas are the years they started in.I would rather be a Aztec then the other 2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aztec: lived in Mesoamerica and were the richest
    Mayas: the Mayas lived in Yucatan peninsula, and were the smartest, and lived in a tottaly different time period of the Aztecs
    Incas: the Incas lived in South America.

    if I could be one of the three I would be the Aztecs because they almost always won wars and they were rich and never had to worry about starvation, but I wouldn't want to be sacrificed

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aztecs: the Aztecs lived in Mesoamerica
    Mayas: the Mayas lived in Yucatan peninsula and were in a tottaly different time period than the Aztecs
    Incas: the Incas lived in South America


    I would like to be an Aztec because they always win battles and were rich, but I would not like to be sacrificed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aztecs, in central Mexico
    Royal Road it's one thing to conquer many lands.it's another thing to keep everything together once you've finish conquering.they built roads all across their empire.
    Incas is in south America their main road, known as the Royal Road,stretched for more than 2,000 miles.

    ReplyDelete