Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Imaginative or Insane?

This week we read about Don Quixote and his wild imagination.  Your writing assignment is to tell us about a time when you let your imagination run wild.

For me, it was when I was about 5 years old.  I had an imaginary friend named Tikihockey.  Yep, you read that correctly- Tikihockey was her name.  She had a mom named Anne, a dad named Bob, and a sister named Sissy.  She had red hair and I loved thinking of stories and adventures for her.

Another character I invented was a kid named Lenny Offten.  He was a cartoon I created one day when I was doodling in class. I enjoyed writing comic strips about him and his friends.  He looked just like this:




Here are your directions:
Open a new document in Word and type a few paragraphs about your greatest imaginations.  Did you ever think that one thing was something else?  Maybe you were a little kid who didn't know better; maybe you were a little bit older and wished something was different.  After you have shared it with me in class, I'd like you to copy and paste it into the comment section below.

3 comments:

  1. The Elements was a novel idea I had when I was in third grade, it was a story that tells of five girls, each controlling one element, trying to stop a war between all five of their element kingdoms fire, snow, water, earth, and wind. These girls were princesses of each of one of those kingdoms and fed up with the long war that has been raging, they run away to try and make peace by themselves. The fire girl, always played by me in games, was feisty, rude, rebellious, and misunderstood. On the other hand she was fiercely loyal, strong, and brave, her name was Ignis, fire in Latin. Ignis had fire red hair and blazing amber eyes, she was very pale. Snow was timid and kind hearted with two black buns on either side of her head; she wore a long, fuzzy, white cloak, she was Glacialas, ice or snow in Latin. Water was very smart and a little bit of a know-it-all, she controlled all water and rivers at will. Wind was wild and crazy with a free and easy personality, she could do a number of things with the sky and wind, her hair always blew in the no matter if there was a breeze or not, she was called Breeza, which means nothing in Latin! Finally, there was Tara, which means earth in Latin, she was the earth girl and gentle, kind, and powerful beyond belief, we had no notion of what Tara could do.

    We all had spirits to guide us those were people important to the girl’s lives that died a while ago. Ignis’s was her brother, the rest I never quite decided. The girls find out that the kingdoms thought they were being influenced to fight by sky kingdom, the land of the good dead, while actually the kingdoms were being influenced by dark kingdom, the land of the bad dead. In the end, the bad get sucked into a void created by the five girls’ powers combined. It is still in my thought process and I plan to make it a real novel, or more likely, more than one novel, and get it published, it is being modified and changed all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! I forgot Water's name, she is Unda or water in latin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do see things that are something else! I normally see things people don’t. For example, you may only see a pile of junk, but I see parts to make an iron man suit. You may see the top of a trashcan; I would see a chest plate.

    Sometimes people don’t get what I see; ok most of the time they don’t.
    All of my childhood I mostly wanted to build something. Lego really helped me do that. I remember that in 3rd grade I made a robot out of juice boxes with my friend, Marriano. Most of the kids in our class thought it was weird, but we didn’t, we thought it was cool!

    Something I bet I will make soon is definitely a go-cart.

    ReplyDelete