On Tuesday of this week, fifth graders from TASIS had the opportunity to visit the Globe in London. Located on the south bank of the Thames River, the Globe Theater holds Shakespeare's plays during the summer months. Students took part of an acting workshop led by the Globe Actors themselves! After our tour of the theater, we took a walk across the Millennium Bridge where Mr. Mellang gave us a short history of St. Paul's Cathedral.
I personally thought this trip was the best. We are so lucky to learn about Shakespeare one month and then be in the midst of his works and actors the next!
I was very hungry, but it was interesting Field trip.
ReplyDeleteIt was freezing that day!
ReplyDeleteHave you seen the 5th Harry Potter movie where the millenium bridge collapses?
ReplyDeleteI loved the globe theater. it made me feel like I was in Shakespeare's time.
ReplyDeleteI loved this field trip. The games were fun. I thought the best part was when we actually got into the theater, thought it was freezing. The only bad part is that we had to walk across what like 10 bridges?
ReplyDelete10/10 for this field trip. :D
I thought that field trip was amazing, and it was awesome that we got to see the stage and a set, the only complaint is that they were doing construction.
ReplyDeleteTo be or not to be that is the question. I liked the Globe theater it was very unique act things out, seeing the globe inside interior was great.Plus I got to see the bridge that got blown in Harry Potter 6.
ReplyDelete