Friday, February 22, 2013

Poetry Presentations

Over the past few weeks, students have been working extra hard to memorize a poem.  This week they recited their poem once with a partner to the whole class, and once individually to a small group.  Not only did students memorize these tough poems, they also gave us all a great deal of information including literary devices, vocabulary, and a biography of the poet.  I'm really proud of the hard work these kids did!  
 Swathi reciting "A Poison Tree" by William Blake

 Caroline reciting "I hear America Singing" by Walt Whitman

 Kendall reciting "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost


Tom reciting "The Tyger" by William Blake

2 comments:

  1. I know this has nothing to do with the subject but this is the hardest riddle in the world! Can you answer it!
    I turn polar bears white
    And I will make you cry.
    I make guys have to pee
    And girls comb their hair.
    I make celebrities look stupid
    And normal people look like celebrities.
    I turn pancakes brown
    And make your champagne bubble.
    If you squeeze me, I'll pop.
    If you look at me, you'll pop.
    Can you answer this riddle?

    Only 3% of Harvard graduates could solve this riddle, while more than 84% of kindergarten students gave the correct answer to the question. There are many people who disagree on the actual answer to this riddle, which is considered to be the hardest riddle ever.

    ReplyDelete