Friday, March 1, 2013

Stokes Notes- Friday 1 March

Today was a jam packed day!  This week we have been preparing a Reader's Theater performance of a story of Christopher Columbus.  Students did a great job of creating props and scenes and acting out the journey.
Hayden (Christopher Columbus), Evan (King Ferdinand) and Swathi (Queen Isabella)

Sailing on the Ocean Sea (Atlantic Ocean)

Also this week, we learned how to send a postcard in Grammar class.  We practiced a few rough drafts and were assessed over the skill.  But the real test came this afternoon when we took a walking field trip to the post office to send postcards to our pen pals in Missouri.  Students bought cards and postage and sent friendly notes to our MO friends.  Afterwards, students were allowed to buy a snack to enjoy.



 Evan writing his postcard

 Maeve, Julian, and Sydney buying postage

The girls waiting in line to buy postage!

It was a great day!  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. That was such a fun Readers' Theater. I can't wait until we do something else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the presentation of "Casey
    at the Bat!" The readers theater are always
    so much fun! I love how it's not just reading,
    it's Acting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the Explorers Readers' Theater. I can't wait for our next Readers' Theater!

    ReplyDelete