Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Tuesday











What a busy day, "stuffed" with lots of fun activities!


We began our day with a Turkey Surprise- we made turkeys out of cookies and candy (yum!) and then watched a Garfield Thanksgiving movie.


After that we practiced and prepared for our reader's theater of "The Night Before Thanksgiving". Each student had an opportunity to tell the story.


Right before lunch we were joined by our Learning Garden teachers who shared an experiment to teach us about calculating our carbon footprint. I think the lesson reminded us of how thankful we are for our planet. We got some ideas of how we can do our part to keep it clean!


Last but not least, we took a couple minutes to write down the many many things we are grateful for. Here are a few things we came up with:
"I'm thankful for my family"- Logan
"I'm thankful for strawberry milk." -Matthew
"I'm thankful for food." -Jaclyn
"I'm thankful for sports." -Dawson
"I'm thankful for having a family that cares for me and loves me." -Devon
"I'm thankful for the food that my parents let me eat." -Brandon

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy your break!
Miss Stokes

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ms.Stokes your classroom looked very organized and very spacey too!!!Also your your class looks very nice too!! Those cookies you guys made for Thanksgiving were FANTASTIC!!!!!!!Maybe we can make those cookies on Thanksgiving and make a song or rap about them.(We did that lastyear but with papaper turkey shaped neclaces that we decorated with feathers and so on!!!!!!




    love mary kelly

    ReplyDelete