Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mt. Olympic State Park






Sunday July 11

What a day! We packed every minute with awesomeness!

This morning we drove up to Deer Park and hiked a short trail. I loved being at 6,000 feet!









I had to snap a shot of my new boots. They are amazing. Thank you, Berisford for recommending the Keen Voyagers...they were so comfy and pretty cute as hiking boots go. (Thanks M and D for helping me out with such a great investment!)












This is our amazing group from the St. Louis Science Center.












I'm on top of the world! Literally and figuratively!

After our hike we ate lunch at the park, while looking at Canada in the background- that was pretty cool. I've always wanted to go to Canada, but now I can at least say I've seen it!







After lunch we went went to the Hoh Rainforest. Oddly enough, we experienced not one drop of rain. It was a beautiful hike going through the Wall of Mosses. On our way we passed the Hoh River. It was the most spectacular color of green, "Glacier Green" is what we named it. I decided I would be satisfied if every wall in my home was painted that color. We stopped at the Big Spruce Tree on our way into the park. The tree definitely lived up to it's name. It was massive.




I loved this tree. If this tree had been in my backyard as a kid I would have been in heaven. It was hollow in the bottom, and had all kinds of nooks and crannies. Perfect fort for a kid.

















On our way back home we stopped in Forks, Washington and snapped picts around town. This town has become quite the tourist trap. I was lucky enough to meet my favorite vampire in one of the shops! After a "detour" through the woods, we finally made it home safely with no Sasquatch sightings. Time to climb up to my loft and go to sleep!

8 comments:

  1. You kids nowadays are totally awesome!!! Nice blog Miss Stokes. You rule!!!!!!
    It was a blast on our trip!!!
    Bryan (Mr. Wyman)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, looks so amazing! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finally got your pic. with Edward :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that guy looks familiar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Stokes, I want to be in YOUR classroom! These pictures are absolutely stunning. And your boots are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Levery's class says HI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It should have been Jacob.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's a pain in the neck

    ReplyDelete