Directions: Write 3 compound sentences and 1 complex sentence. One compound sentence should contain "and", one should contain "or", and one should contain "but". You should have a total of four sentences typed as a comment. And, oh yeah, it's for a GRADE! :)
Example:
1. Compound: I like teaching writing, and I also like teaching science.
2. Compound: You may either read during Intervention, or you may study your times tables.
3. Compound: I love seeing my nephew, but hate that he is so far away.
4. Complex: Since I've been so busy lately, I haven't been able to go to the gym.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like cheerleading and volleyball.
ReplyDeleteYou may go to the store or stay home and do homework.
I'm taller than my sister but she is older.
I've got busy since i started cheerleading.
Compound: I like swimming,and basketball.
ReplyDeletecompound: I can play outside, or stay inside.
compound: I love dogs, but i don't like cats.
Complex: Since i have so much homework lately, I can't play basketball.
1. (compound) I'm a good pitcher,and also a good batter.
ReplyDelete2. (compound) I like talking to my freinds,but not as much as playing with them.
3. (compound) I either am going to the park,or going to do my homework tonight.
4. (complex) I've had a lot of homework,so I can't practice pitching.
1.Compound: I like to type and I like to draw.
ReplyDelete2.Compound: You can go play, or you can help me clean!
3.Compound:Ilove it when my cousins come for the weekend, but hate to watch them leave.
4.Compound: since I have homework on the weekends, I haven't been able to go to the movies.
1.I love cheer, and beach vollyball.
ReplyDelete2.My friend loves to cheer, but she hurt her self
3.When I get home from school I wathch T.V, or run down the road
4.Since I run the road I am worn out, so I lay down.
I love writing and math. I like lunch too but I don't like the salad or jell-o. I don't always return my library books but I try my best. I think recess is very fun, but we could do with some new toys.
ReplyDelete1. Compound: I like ferrets, and I also like cats
ReplyDelete2. Compound: you may either like frenchfries, or you might like pickles
3. Compound: I have a computer,and i have my own tv
4. Complex: since I'm allergict to dogs, i haven't been asking my mom for one
1. I like spaggetti,and pizza.
ReplyDelete2. My brother is fun,and anoying.
3. I'll play outside,or inside.
4. My brother is wierd,my cousin is to.
5-L
1.compound: I like dogs, but birds are nice too.
ReplyDelete2.compound: Deal, or no deal?
3.compound: Mosquitoes are anoying, and so are fish.
4.complex: Since I'm tired, I don't want to go to school.
1. I like to see dog shows,and I also like to see rodeos.
ReplyDelete2. I am going to get a puppy,but I mite also get a kitten
3. I will go to a friends house from daycare, or a fiend on my road.
4.since i was with a friend all weekend, I could not clean my room.
1.Compound:I love football, but I don't like running.
ReplyDelete2.Compound:You may drawl, or you may play a board game.
3.Compound:My favorite sports are football, and baseball.
4.Coplex:If you play football, you'll get stronger.
1.Compound:I like video games,and I like drawing.
ReplyDelete2.Compound:You may play, or read.
3.Compound: I love my family but I hate the Devile
4.Complex:If you draw a lot you can be an artist.
1. Compound: I love animals and kissing animals.
ReplyDelete2. Compound: I either like new food,or I don't.
3. Compound: I love my bunny Ellie, but I hate cleaning her cage out.
4. Complex: Since I've been having so much homework, I can't ride my horse very offen.
compound I don't like reading,and I don't like things that are durty.
ReplyDeletecompound I can read, but i choose not to.
compound I can go outside, or stay inside.
complex Since I don't have a TV, I can't watch it.
1.compound: I like math, and I also like s.s.r.
ReplyDelete2.compound: Should I whatch tv or play on the computer.
3.compound: I like legos but halo 3 is so much
better.
4.complex: Since my mom took halo 3 from me I have to play with my legos more.
Compound: 1.I love school, but I don't like science. 2.I love basketball, and I also like soccer. 3. Should I have the pizzia, or the Big Mac. Complex: 4. Because I like sports, I like to read sports books.
ReplyDelete1.Compound:I like playing football,and i also playing baseball.
ReplyDelete2.Compund:You may like pizza better than hamburgers,or you may like hamburgers better than pizza.
3.Compound: I love playing with my cousin,but I dont like that I live so far away from him.
4.Complex: Since I been so busy,I have not got to play with my sister as much.
compound:I like the movie Scoody Doo, and Jarrasic Park too.
ReplyDeletecompound:I will either sing or play with my
friend.
compound:I love my dog, but my mom hates him.
complex:Since I have been so busy latly I havent gotten to play tag with my friends
1. I would like to go to hawaii and see the sandy beach.
ReplyDelete2.I love pizza,but I also love chicken strips
3.Do you like halloween,or chrismas better.
4.since i was at the fair, i could not do my homework.
compound: I always want to learn about dinosaurs, and I like to learn about animals too.
ReplyDeletecompound: I would like to have a dinosaur, or a giraffe.
compound: I wanted to be an only child, but I have a sister.
complex: Since I have a sister, I tease her all the time.
Hi
ReplyDelete1.I have a dog named Luci, and a dog named Sally.
ReplyDelete2.Do you like pizza, or do you like steak.
3.My sister is nice, but she can be snooty.
4.since i have a dog, i have to take care of her.
1.I like to write, but I don't like math.
ReplyDelete2.I like nerfdarts, but I don't like nerfswords.
3.I like chocolote and nevela.
4.Since I run, I play soccer.
I love cheese,and I like to look at mice.
ReplyDeleteWould you like to have milk or water?
I hate dogs, but I like puppies.
since I like music,I play guitar.
1.I like my mom and my dad
ReplyDelete2.i can at home or at the dinner
3.i'm friends with bob but hes mean
4.i like to jump cause im a cheerleader
Coumpound Sentence:1.I love my kitty.... Skittles and I also love my baby sister:)
ReplyDelete2.I will either write a story or a poem in writing!!
3.I like cleaning my room but I hate cleaning the whole house:(
Complex Sentence:I love seeing my cousinz so much,to bad they're far away from me:(
I love pizza and like icecream you can go out side or go p.e. I like the Mizzou Tigers but it is a long time since I been to scholl Ihave togo to bed early to get on the bus
ReplyDelete1. CJ can be cool and also not.
ReplyDelete2. Do you think I shoud get grapes or chips.
3. I amgood at sports but I make mistakes.
4. I am good at Football because I am fast.
cj 5-H
ReplyDelete1.I love math,and it can be bording.
2. Cooperis a good frend or Ryan can to.
3.Collin is a cool kid,but he can be a bad boy
4.I'm good at football cuz iI can taol
Ilike the pichurs
ReplyDeleteI like to hunt, but not homework.
ReplyDeleteI like to rid horsis or read
i like to eat cheese and I like to eat chips.
collin 5-H
ReplyDelete1.compound:I like math,and writting to.
2.compound:Should i eat pizza,or chicken stripes.
3.compound:I like my brother,but i also like my sister to.
4.complex:Im good at drawling becase i practice.
1. Compound: I love playing hockey,and i'm a fast skater.( ice hockey)
ReplyDelete2. Compound: I could either play with my dog,or eat my dinner.
3. Compound: I love riding my bike,but i get all scratched up when i fall.
4. Complex: Since i've been so busy with hockey,i haven't been able to play with my friends outside.
1. compound: When I get home I play xbox, and do my homework.
ReplyDelete2. compound: I could ether read or do my homework during intervintion.
3. compound: I got ready for school, but it turned out to be a snow day.
4. complex: Since I've been so busy doing cross coutry, I haven't been able to play xbox lately.
David can I go out side and go out side and play.
ReplyDeletecan i rid my bike or play with my friend.
but mom i dont want to go out saide.
i like to rap with my bike.
1.Sometimes my mom is nice,and sometimes she is mean. 2.I either ride the bus or get picked up. 3.My dog is cute,but sometimes she is a pain. 4.since I have been with my friends so much,I havent got to spend a lot of time with mom.
ReplyDeleteRyan Andrews 5-H said...
ReplyDelete1.cheese is good,and cheese with mustard is good to.
2.Do you like my teddy bear,or do you like my little pony.
3.My cheesy sisters are nice,But they can be stupid most of the time.
4.I like it when people say they like the potty room,And they like whashing hands with soap.
1.i like the color blue,just that it is a weriod color
2.I am awesome alot and good looking, just that im disguting.
3.Cool i like it when i hear something loud,Ow that hurt.
4.People are cool,most of the time the are.
Compound:I get to taulk with my sister,but not in preson. I like to have icecream,but not all the time. I like to play games,and eat at the same time. I go to the stor,or stay home.
ReplyDeleteCoumpound Sentence: 1. I hate frogs and their gross.
ReplyDelete2.I love seeing my cousin, hate it when she has to live far away from me.
3.I love my 11 week old baby brother and also my other 2 brothers.
Complex Sentence: I've been busy latley so i haven't been to school.
I love to visit people but it is not easy to stay still. It is fun to go to the movies or go to arcades. I love to eat and to hang out.Since I've been so busy , I haven't been able to go to Grandma.
ReplyDelete1. compound: dogs are fun and lovable, but some dogs can be visious and mean.
ReplyDelete2. compound: Would you like to spend the nigh at my house, or just come over and hang out.
3. compound: Send me a post card, and a picture when you get to Hawii.
4. complex: Since I started making things out of duct tape i have no time to do stuff i like to do.
1. I love to go the the park and I like to baby sit.
ReplyDelete2. When I get home I can rake the grass or do cart wheels.
3. I love baby sitting but i do not like just have 2 of them only, :(
1. Ccompound: I like to draw, and I also like to do math.
ReplyDelete2. Compound: You can read, or you can write.
3. Compound: I like pears, but I hate peaches.
4. Complex: If you exercise every day, you'll be very healthy.
1.Compound:I play soccer, and it is twice a week.
ReplyDelete2.Compound:The class can write,or they can read.
3.Compound:Recess is fun , but we only get 20 minutes.
4.My mom signed me up for a Science Club,so know my whole week is busy.
Coumpound:I love to play basketball,and softball!
ReplyDeleteCoumpound:When i get off the bus i get the mail or run to the house to see my dogs!
Coumpound:I like to see my cousins but they are really loud and agervating!
Complex: When my mom got home we went out to eat, we ate at a mexiacan restaurant!
1. Compound: I like football, and I also like basketball.
ReplyDelete2. Compound: You can can work hard, or you can fail.
3. Compound: I love going on vacation, but I hate the ride up there.
4. Complex: Since I've been tired, I have'nt got anything done.
1.I like bullriding,and I like baseball to. 2.I usualy go play outside, but today I'm going to stay inside. 3.I like candy bars, but i also love ice cream. 4. when I get hurt bad,I go to the hosbitle
ReplyDelete1. I love playing football,and I also love to play baseball.
ReplyDelete2.Should I go to the park,or should I go to the swimming pool?
3.I realy want to go see my cousins,but I want to go to my friends house.
4. I like having my friends come over to my house.
I like cats, but my broter is allergect.
ReplyDeleteMy sister is nice, but my brother is not.
Playing xbox is fun, but I don't have time.
I like jogging in the park, because it is good excercise.
1. compound: I like playing golf,and I also like football.
ReplyDelete2. compound: Do you want pizza,or chicken for dinner.
3. compound: I like Ganon alot, but I think brice is better.
4. complex: I was playing with my hamster so long, i forgot to go to my grandmas.
1.commpound.I like to do cross country, and im really good at it
ReplyDelete2.compound.What do you like to write or, read about.
3.compound.I like to bowl,but im noy good at it.
4.complex.Whats your name,mines Emma.
1.compound:I like to play sotfball, and basketball.
ReplyDelete2.compound:Do you like to read or write?
3.compound:I like to type but i am not good.
4.complex:I know a really pretty girl, her name is Abby.
1. I think my friends are fun and exciting,and sometimes they are wierd.
ReplyDelete2. Are you his friend, or are you not his friend?
3. I'm a great baseball player, but my hitting isn't very good.
4. Are you able to get on that website, because I can't figure out how to get there.
1. Compound:I love playing with my dog charlie, and I love playing with my sisters too.
ReplyDelete2. Compound:I like to ride my bike, but I hate falling off.
3. Compound:Do you like to play games on the computer, or do you like to play board games?
4. Compound:There is a girl in my class, that is nice.
1. Compound:I love to play softball,and I love to play soocer.
ReplyDelete2. Compound:I love to play with my baby brother Brett,but I don't like when he pulls my hair.
3.Compound:I like to ride my bike outside,or just relax.
4.Complex:Since I have been doing homework,I haven't been able to read my book.
1.Frogs are cool but they are gross.2.I love to play and I like to play soccer.3. I like to relax or play with my baby brother.4.I've been so busy,I havent been able to go to school.
ReplyDelete1.I got a camel,but hes mean.
ReplyDelete2.I like mac and cheese,or cheese with ketchup.
3.I like my little pony,and elmo.
4.I like my teddy bear,its so dreamy.
I like riding my bike and doing my homework.
ReplyDeleteI like playing with my friend but i like staying insiade.
I like going to my firends or i stay home.
scine i been playing i could read my book.
Compound:Robots are cool,and so are T.V.
ReplyDeleteCompound:Tacos are tastey,but pork and noodels is better.
Compound:I could bounce on a trapelene,or play vidio games.
Complex:Greek gods are cool,so areRomen
counpond:I love spigity,and cheas.
ReplyDeletecoumpond:I love spigity,but I dont love sause.
coumpond:I love spigity ,or cheas
complex:I love spigity.
1.I have a dog and a cat.
ReplyDelete2.I like my cat but sometimes they scrach.
3.I couuld eat at dinner or at home.
4.I love my cats.
1.I like macoroni, and I like noodles.
ReplyDelete2.I like when my cusin comes over, but I hate when my cusin's 4 year old sister comes too.
3.I can go to the movies, or I can go to a friends house.
4.Since Ive had so much homework, I havent been able to have fun